Thursday, December 1, 2011

Worker's On Strike

I woke up bright and early this morning ready to go to work just like any other day. But when I got to the coal mine it was as though half of the men who worked had gone missing. I heard all these talks about them going on strike and such, but I never thought that they would actually just do it. They are fighting to get us all better wages and working conditions. I would really like to go on strike with these men, but I got three kids and a wife to feed. I need to be making money so that we can buy food and keep our home.
All the men are going to be mad at me for not going on strike with them, but there is nothing I can do about it. I am hoping that enough people go on strike so the owner's will give in and just pay us a little extra. The bad part about this whole situation is, coal mining isn't very hard. And you dont need to be particularly smart to do it. So I fear that the boss might fire all the men that go on strike and just hire new people willing to work for the wages the owner's give. That would be awfully bad if the owner did that though because many of my friends are the one's in the strike or even leading the strike. The last thing I need is to loose all of my friends to some new comers that are willing to get paid minimal amounts of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment