Monday, November 7, 2011

Reforms

A bunch of my coal mining friends and I have decided that we are going to form a union. So far there is only about 10 people in it, but give it time and I know it will grow much larger. We currently are fighting for better working conditions and more money. We get paid an unreasonable amount of money and put our lives on the line everyday. Our health benefits are next to nothing and we are finally sick and tired of it. Each day from 8am to about 5pm my co-workers and I are in a dark, dirty, stinky mine. The coal really starts to get into your lungs and causes serious problems. This is the only work that I can find around this place, and I really love the people here but sooner or later I'm going to have to move so I can make more money to support my family and better my health. Without me my wife would have to raise three kids on her own and get a job which is almost unheard of. After we gather up a few more people to join our union we plan on going on strike. That is all for now until next time, see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment